Who we are:
Our website address is: https://heartmatters.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites:
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with:
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data:
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- Information Collection: Heart Matters may collect personal information from users, including but not limited to name, email address, and other contact information, when you subscribe to receive email notifications from the Website.
- Use of Information: Heart Matters may use the information collected to send you email notifications containing updates, news, and information related to heart health and the Website. Heart Matters will not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as required by law.
- Security: Heart Matters takes reasonable measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is completely secure, and Heart Matters cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
- Opt-Out: You can unsubscribe from receiving email notifications from Heart Matters at any time by following the instructions provided in the email or by contacting us directly.
- Children’s Privacy: Heart Matters does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided personal information to Heart Matters, please contact us immediately.